The EDIHOSP eInvoicing project, coordinated by EDICOM and co-financed by the European Commission through the 2018 CEF Telecom Call – eInvoicing (CEF-TC-2018-2), aims at implementing the European eInvoicing Standard in 22 hospitals from Portugal and Hungary. This project will develop the ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems of the hospitals enabling them to receive and process electronic invoices in accordance with the requirements set at the European Directive 2014/55/EU (eInvoicing Directive).
It also includes the implementation of an electronic invoice tool for the SPMS Agency of the Portuguese Ministry of Health, that will enable them to validate eInvoices for any public hospital or health centre of the five Regional Administrations in Portugal.
This action is based on previous similar projects co-financed by the CEF program, such as GOVeIn, GOV2EU, and HOSP&INVOICE, also coordinated by EDICOM. This characteristic represents an advantage since it will allow reusing the eInvoicing and eDelivery tools developed in the past Actions, such as the Edicom B2B Cloud Platform which will be integrated with the ERP systems of the Portuguese and Hungarian hospitals. This will allow enabling the connection between hospitals and healthcare providers from other Member States through the PEPPOL network, also reducing costs of implementation.
- To facilitate the exchange of electronic invoices between European hospitals within the PEPPOL network.
- To promote the European Standard (EN) on eInvoicing in the Portuguese and Hungarian health sector.
Agreement number: INEA/CEF/ICT/A2018/1761040
Action number: 2018-EU-IA-0078
Start date: 01/05/2019
Duration: 18 months
INEA Action website: https://ec.europa.eu/inea/en/connecting-europe-facility/cef-telecom/2018-eu-ia-0078
Performed by EDICOM, the project management will be executed during the whole duration of the Action. This activity consists in supporting the members of the consortium. Edicom will provide them with control and organization mechanisms to achieve efficient implementation. EDICOM will receive assistance from UPV and Asseco HU in the administrative and financial areas.
The objective of this activity is to ensure compliance with the CEF requirements, through actions such as providing technical assistance to the consortium participants, coordinating the communication between the beneficiaries and INEA (Innovation and Networks Executive Agency), as well as applying quality assurance procedures in accordance with the agreements established with the European Commission.
This activity will consist in the adaptation of an eInvoicing solution and the development of the ERP software for 22 hospitals, allowing them to receive and process electronic invoices in accordance with the EN standard. The context of each Member State will be analyzed to prepare the most suited implementation. These hospitals will operate through the platform hosted in the B2B cloud of EDICOM and the intercommunication tests for the cross-border exchange of electronic invoices will be done through the PEPPOL network (EDICOM is a PEPPOL AS4 Access Point). The implementations will be submitted to conformance tests to ensure compliance with the requirements established in the Call through the CEF eInvoicing Building Block and Directive 2014/55/EU of eInvoicing.
Apart from the implementation in these hospitals, a system will also be implemented for the SPMS as a public entity of the Portuguese national government. This will allow them to receive and process electronic invoices that meet the EN standard and that are issued to a large number of health centers managed by them.
The objective of this activity is to test the implementations carried out by each participant to ensure interoperability and compliance with the European Standard (EN). It will consist of two important tests: Interoperability Tests and CEF eInvoicing Conformance Tests. To complete the Interoperability Tests, each partner will demonstrate that its eInvoicing solution is ready to receive and to process European Standard (EN) compliant eInvoices. On the other hand, CEF eInvoicing Conformance Testing service aims to verify that the implementations made by each partner is conformant to the eInvoicing specifications.
The dissemination campaign aims at communicating the project, its outcome, as well as the benefits of electronic invoicing to the widest audience possible. It consists of the creation of an official website, the use of social networks like Twitter and LinkedIn, publication of project-related content on the participants websites, newsletters and direct mailing, as well as holding events such as conferences and meetings.
- EDICOM CAPITAL S.L., Spain (Coordinating Institution)
- Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain
- Asseco Central Europe Magyarország Zrt, Hungary
- Állami Szívkórház Balatonfüred, Hungary
- Bajcsy Zsilinszky Kórház és Rendelőintézet, Hungary
- Csornai Margit Kórház, Hungary
- Komlói Egészségcentrum, Bányászati Utókezelő és Éjjeli Szanatórium Egészségügyi Központ, Hungary
- Csolnoky Ferenc Kórház, Hungary
- Nyírő Gyula Országos Pszichiátriai és Addiktológiai Intézet, Hungary
- Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg Megyei Kórházak és Egyetemi Oktatókórház, Hungary
- Escala BRAGA – Sociedade Gestora Do Estabelecimento, S.A., Portugal
- Hospital Magalhaes Lemos, Portugal
- Unidade Local de Saúde do Baixo Alentejo, E. P. E., Portugal
- Jose de Mello Saúde S.A., Portugal
- Escala Vila Franca - Sociedade Gestora Do Estabelecimento, S.A., Portugal
- Centro Hospitalar Oeste, E.P.E., Portugal
- Serviços Partilhados do Ministério da Saúde, E. P. E. (SPMS), Portugal